Call Now: 805-332-4568
Provides coordination and leadership to the PATH CITED (CalAIM) program. The enhanced care case manager will work with individuals and families who are unhoused, high utilizers of emergency services, at high risk for institutionalization of emergency services or have serious mental illness or substance use disorders. This list is not exhaustive. The ECCM will work with and support individuals/families to identify areas of need, develop case plans, and invest the necessary time to connect them to the resources/services they need.
Primary responsibility includes meeting with people in the community whose life is complicated by challenges of mental or substance use disorders and homelessness for service delivery, support, crisis prevention, appointment scheduling and wellness checks. Plays an integral part of multidisciplinary team meetings supporting wellness and recovery for individuals with psychiatric disorders and their families living in northern Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties.
The ECCM supports the Road to Recovery Integrated Care Centers mission by providing direct services to clients and their families to achieve self-sufficiency and empowerment to achieve a higher quality of life.
• Full time/Part time
• Day, Evenings and Weekends
Wage range $22.00 – $25.00 – R2R applies geographic differentials to its pay ranges. The pay range assigned to this role will be based on the geographic location from which the role is performed. Starting pay is commensurate with relevant experience above the minimum requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate degree in human services or related area.
• Two years case management experience in the Health and Human Services field.
• CPR/ BLS certification required, within 90 days of hire/transfer.
• Bilingual written and language skills desired, but not required.
• Prefer bilingual in English and Spanish
* Bilingual a plus
* Bicultural background/experience preferred
• Member of a mobile mental wellness unit, meeting the needs of people struggling with mental illness whether they are housed, living on the streets/riverbed or justice involved.
• Responds to calls from the local hospital social workers, law enforcement, probation, and County Mental Health.
• Collects demographic information.
• Assists in obtaining medical history.
• Assists with scheduling medical appointments and follow up with appointments.
• Assists in the coordination of health care needs with other community providers.
• Assists in the coordination of referrals to social service providers as required in order to assist clients secure income, employment and housing, helping client reach an appropriate level of self-sufficiency.
• Maintains confidential file for each client that includes all details of enhanced care case management efforts.
• Assists clients in the stabilization of life events and helps identify agencies to provide needed supports.
• Determining and maximizing income for clients’, and assisting in aid in application, as appropriate, for SSI, SSDI, GA, TANF, etc benefits. Determine eligibility for VA benefits.
• Examine employment history and prospects.
• Assist in the search for appropriate housing. Determine eligibility for Section 8, transitional housing, rapid rehousing, and other local housing programs.
• Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position may require transporting clients – acceptable driving record required.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
The Road to Recovery Integrated Care Center is a Behavioral Health Treatment Center providing mental health and substance use treatment services for individuals and families in Santa Maria and the surrounding areas.
For more information go to our website www.myroad2recovery.org and follow us on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
The Road to Recovery Integrated Care Center does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
The Road to Recovery Integrated Care Center continues to advance cultural diversity, humility, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our organization by hiring mental health peers, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and all belief systems.
* All opportunities at The Road to Recovery Integrated Care Center are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree, license or certification verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
Not only are we dedicated to providing the best possible care for our clients we are also dedicated to ensuring a supportive learning environment for all of those who join our team.